Looking for a delicious fall treat that’s both vegan and irresistibly tasty? Look no further than this incredible vegan pumpkin bread recipe! With its fluffy texture, moist crumb, and perfect blend of spices, this plant-based dessert is sure to satisfy your cravings. Made with simple pantry-friendly ingredients, it’s easy to whip up this guilt-free indulgence whenever you’re in the mood for something sweet.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with this irresistible vegan pumpkin bread.
- This plant-based dessert is made with simple pantry-friendly ingredients.
- Enjoy the fluffy texture and perfect spice blend of this fall treat.
- Top it off with vegan cream cheese icing or add chocolate chips for an extra indulgent twist.
- Make a healthier version with whole wheat flour and less sugar.
Ingredients and Instructions
If you’re looking for the best pumpkin bread recipe, you’re in the right place! This homemade pumpkin bread is not only easy to make, but it also turns out moist and delicious every time. Gather the following ingredients:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flax (or chia seeds)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
Once you have all the ingredients ready, follow these simple instructions:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – pumpkin puree, oil, apple cider vinegar, almond milk, vanilla extract, and ground flax.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin spice.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Now you have a homemade pumpkin bread that is not only easy to make but also incredibly moist and delicious. Enjoy!
Tips for Success
Want to take your pumpkin bread to the next level? Here are a few tips:
- For a creamier variation, top your pumpkin bread with vegan cream cheese icing.
- Add a touch of indulgence by mixing in chocolate chips into the batter.
- If you prefer a healthier version, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour and substitute some of the brown sugar with white sugar.
- Using a proper loaf pan is essential for getting the perfect shape and texture. Avoid overmixing the batter to prevent a dense loaf.
“This pumpkin bread is the perfect fall treat. It’s so moist and flavorful, you won’t believe it’s vegan!” – Happy Baker
Table: Baking Time and Temperature Variations
|Moist and perfectly baked
|Slightly denser texture
|Firmer and darker crust
Tips for Success
When it comes to pumpkin bread, there are endless possibilities to enhance its flavor and texture. Whether you’re a fan of cream cheese, chocolate chips, or want to make a healthier version, we’ve got you covered with these tips for success.
Add a Creamy Touch with Vegan Cream Cheese
If you’re a cream cheese lover, why not take your pumpkin bread to the next level by adding a creamy layer of vegan cream cheese icing on top? Simply combine vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a splash of lemon juice. Spread it generously on the cooled pumpkin bread and get ready to indulge in a slice of heaven.
Indulge in Chocolate Chip Goodness
If you’re craving something a little more indulgent, why not try adding chocolate chips to your pumpkin bread? Fold in a generous amount of vegan chocolate chips into the batter before pouring it into the loaf pan. As the bread bakes, the chocolate chips will melt, creating pockets of gooey goodness in every bite. It’s a perfect treat for chocolate lovers.
Make It Healthier
If you’re looking for a healthier pumpkin bread option, you can easily make a few substitutions. Swap out the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour to add more fiber and nutrients. Additionally, you can reduce the amount of brown sugar and substitute it with a natural sweetener like stevia or coconut sugar. These small changes will make your pumpkin bread a guilt-free delight.
Table: Pumpkin Bread Variations
|Pumpkin Bread Variation
|Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese
|A classic twist on pumpkin bread, adding a layer of creamy vegan cream cheese icing on top.
|Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
|This variation adds a touch of indulgence to the bread by folding in vegan chocolate chips for a rich, gooey texture.
|Healthy Pumpkin Bread
|A healthier version of pumpkin bread, made with whole wheat flour and reduced sugar for a guilt-free treat.
Experiment with these variations to find your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin bread. Whether you prefer a creamy twist, a chocolaty surprise, or a healthier option, there’s a pumpkin bread variation that will satisfy your cravings. Get creative in the kitchen and let your taste buds rejoice!
Pumpkin Bread Serving and Storage
Once you’ve baked your delicious vegan pumpkin bread, it’s time to serve and store it properly to ensure maximum freshness and flavor. Here are some tips to help you enjoy your pumpkin bread to the fullest:
- For a delightful treat, spread a generous layer of vegan cream cheese icing on top of your pumpkin bread. The creamy tanginess pairs perfectly with the warm spiced flavors.
- If you’re a chocolate lover, sprinkle some chocolate chips on your pumpkin bread. The melty chocolate adds a decadent touch and takes this dessert to the next level.
- Enjoy a slice of pumpkin bread alongside a cup of hot coffee or tea for a cozy and comforting moment.
Now that you’ve enjoyed your pumpkin bread, it’s important to store the leftovers properly to maintain their freshness.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to cool completely before storing to prevent moisture buildup and maintain the best texture.
- Store the pumpkin bread in an airtight container at room temperature. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days, but chances are it won’t last that long!
- If you want to extend the shelf life, you can freeze the pumpkin bread. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It will keep well for up to 3 months.
- When ready to enjoy the frozen pumpkin bread, let it thaw at room temperature. If you want to add the vegan cream cheese icing, prepare it fresh after defrosting.
Remember, this vegan pumpkin bread is not gluten-free as it contains all-purpose flour. If you’re looking for a gluten-free option, be sure to explore other recipes that cater to your dietary needs. And while the Starbucks Pumpkin and Pepita Loaf doesn’t contain dairy, it does have eggs, making it unsuitable for vegans.
Now that you have these serving and storage tips, go ahead and indulge in a slice of this irresistible pumpkin bread. Whether you’re enjoying it freshly baked or savoring it from the freezer, the warm flavors of pumpkin and spice are sure to bring joy to your taste buds.
Are Whole Wheat Pastry Recipes a Healthier Alternative to Pumpkin Bread?
So, you’ve reached the end of our delicious journey through the world of vegan pumpkin bread. And what a treat it has been! With its moist and fluffy texture and irresistible pumpkin spice flavor, this plant-based dessert is a true crowd-pleaser.
Whether you’re a dedicated vegan or simply looking to add more plant-based options to your diet, this pumpkin bread is a must-try. Indulge in a slice for breakfast, enjoy it as an afternoon snack, or savor it as a mouthwatering dessert after dinner. The choice is yours!
And let’s not forget the optional maple glaze. Once you’ve tasted the combination of sweet, sticky maple syrup and warm, spiced pumpkin bread, there’s no going back. It takes this already delightful treat to a whole new level of indulgence.
So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let the aroma of freshly baked pumpkin bread fill your kitchen. We guarantee that everyone in your household, vegan or not, will fall in love with this autumnal delight. Happy baking!
Is this vegan pumpkin bread recipe gluten-free?
No, this vegan pumpkin bread recipe is not gluten-free as it is made with all-purpose flour.
What should I do if my pumpkin bread turns out dense?
If your pumpkin bread turns out dense, it may be undercooked or the batter was too wet. Make sure to bake it for the recommended time and avoid adding too much liquid.
Does Starbucks’ Pumpkin and Pepita Loaf contain dairy?
No, Starbucks’ Pumpkin and Pepita Loaf does not contain dairy but it does contain eggs, making it not vegan.
How long can I store the pumpkin bread?
You can store your pumpkin bread at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can I make this pumpkin bread gluten-free?
No, this recipe is not gluten-free. It is made with all-purpose flour. However, you can try using a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute.
Can I add cream cheese icing to the pumpkin bread?
Yes, for a creamy twist, you can top your pumpkin bread with vegan cream cheese icing.
Can I add chocolate chips to the pumpkin bread batter?
Absolutely! Adding chocolate chips to the batter will give your pumpkin bread an extra indulgent touch.
How can I make a healthier version of this pumpkin bread?
To make a healthier version, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour and substitute some of the brown sugar with white sugar.
Should I use a specific type of loaf pan?
Yes, using a proper loaf pan is recommended for baking this pumpkin bread. A standard-sized loaf pan works well for this recipe.
Welcome to VeganClue - My name is Robert Van De Ville and together with my team we spent hundreds of hours researching the most relevant topics for Vegans and non yet Vegans. Are you looking for more information about Veganism, animal welfare, diet, health, and environmental benefits of the Vegan lifestyle? You are in the right place! Enjoy the site.